Easy-Breezy Kale and Quinoa Salad Recipe
January 13, 2016 by Tina Tovmasian
All hail the kale! I have been on a kale binge for a while now, it’s my favorite leafy vegetable because it’s loaded with vitamins and all kinds of goodies and easy to turn into a salad with some olive oil and easy peezy lemon squeezy lol. I came up with this kale and quinoa salad recipe a couple of years ago when I was trying to stay away from carbs and processed foods to loose some weight. Hope you all like it!
What You’ll Need to Make this Kale and Quinoa Salad:
For the Dressing
- 1 cup fine extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 6 cups packed raw kale leaves
- 4 medium sized Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup red or white quinoa
- 2 avocados
- 1.5 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
Step 1: Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl combine the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and minced garlic and whisk to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk once more to combine.
Step 2: Make the Salad
- Chop the kale leaves to desired size (I like to chop them to one inch pieces)
- Chop the cucumbers into cubes
- Chop the avocados into cubes (make sure you don’t chop them too small since avocados tend to get mushy)
- In a large bowl, combine the above chopped ingredients and the tomatoes and almonds and mix.
Step 3: Toss the Salad and Enjoy!
- Add as much dressing as you’d like (I add plenty because kale is a rough leaf and the quinoa also soaks up the dressing) and toss to taste.