The Only 5 Hair Products You Need this Summer
July 2, 2015 by Lillian Babaian
Hey loves! Although I’ve got this sleek hair thing down pat, for the Summertime I like to switch it up to protect my locks from sun damage. Fourth of July is right around the corner and for me that marks the first official kickoff to summer festivities, pool parties and beach soirees. So I wanted to share my favorite five must-have hair products I can’t go without:
1. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray This “surf and sexy” salt spray is great for a natural beachy look. I am always looking for a way to give my straight hair texture, and this spray creates great natural waves with some structure. Spray it evenly on damp hair and dry it with a diffuser for a soft and flexible finish.
2. BioSilk Shine On Spray This hairspray is amazing because it’s weightless and can control and eliminate frizz. It provides your hair with an instant shine while providing UV protection. During summer, you want to also protect your hair from the heat and chlorine, in which this BioSilk formula leaves your hair sleek as well as repairing split ends.
3. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Serum This serum is a frizz taming product that makes hair manageable and shiny, especially for humid weather. It also prevents color fading and shields your hair from the harmful effects of the sun. It smells good and can be used to protect your hair from heat styling tools as well. Apply one pump into your hand and distribute evenly throughout damp hair before styling it.
4. Shu Uemura Velvet Shampoo and Conditioner Since I use heat styling tools often and enjoy spending my summer days at the beach, I always want to protect my hair and keep it polished with glossy strands. My hairstylist introduced me to Shu Uemura products and ever since, I have not used any other shampoo or conditioner. It includes camellia oil as one of its ingredients, and it’s mostly used for dry hair. Use this product to create a velvety smooth finish and to keep your strands nourished and healthy.
5. Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy Your hair color always looks its best the day it gets colored, especially when stylists break out multiple conditioners to keep it moisturized with a silky finish. Now you can recreate the same effect, only at home this time. We can easily damage our hair color during the summer, but this Rita Hazan formula keeps your strands hydrated and deeply conditioned. It’s a two-step process that instantly transforms your hair into shiny and healthy strands with vibrant color.
For more hair tips and video tutorials be sure to check out my Youtube page and subscribe here. See you all soon!