5 Best 2015 Wedding Guest Dresses
May 5, 2015 by Lillian Babaian
Wedding season 2015 has officially begun! As a guest, you want to look stylishly glamorous while being just understated enough that you don’t outshine the bride. Let’s face it ladies, we all want to look our “come hither” best without looking like we’re trying too hard. There’s no better look for this purpose than a classic lace dress. Paired with just one or two subtle accessory pieces to make it “pop” visually, it’s always a winner and effortlessly chic.
Here, I’ve selected the cocktail-length Dolce Vita Jayleen cocktail dress that’s available at Free People and DailyLook. This cocktail dress is a great choice for weddings because it is versatile enough to allow for dancing, flirting, and eating, while remaining classy enough to wear in front of guests of all ages.
This particular dress is great because of all its unique features. Going to mid-thigh, with an open back and criss-crossing fabric over the chest, this dress will get you noticed. I’ve paired it with sparkling white and blue crystal Tiffany teardrop earrings from Baublebar and passionate red M-A-C lipstick from Nordstrom.
These are all the accessories you need. They each have just enough color to make you stand out from the crowd of other little black dress wearers. The bright red lipstick, in particular, shows off your sultry side and makes sure all eyes are drawn to you.
Because I want you all to look awesome at your next wedding while still keeping most of your cash, I’ve profiled my top five wedding guest dresses that are stylishly appropriate (and don’t cost a fortune).
1. Chi Chi London Premium Embroidered Off Shoulder ($149) You can be sure to wow the crowd in this plush teal green, ankle-length ensemble that boasts a layered ball skirt and scalloped lace details. Off-shoulder, with plenty of frills and fluff, you can make a bold statement without being too loud about it.
2. Adrianna Papell Lace Yoke Drape Gown ($178) This stylistic beauty features a goddess-like draping and lace covered neckline that will keep you covered in all the right places.
3. Foil-Print Cutout Gown ($126) Go easy on the accessories in this sparkly champagne gown. The contour-clinging dress from Saks Off Fifth is coated in gold foild with an open back for an extra dose of class and charm.
4. The Mariana by Kora Rae ($198) Great for all body types, this wrap dress with double-sided slits and a v-neck top is perfectly sophisticated and screams elegance. Brilliantly designed, it’s right for women of all ages and just about any black-tie and formal occasion.
5. Make Way for Wonderful Black Lace Maxi Dress ($77) Business to the left, party on the right. This dress is perfect for weddings and their after parties. Featuring a dipped neckline and exposed leg slit, you’re free to dance comfortably and part the curtains when it’s time to let your hair down and boogie.
Have other Wedding Guest Dresses you’d like to suggest? Leave your picks in the comments below and I’ll be sure to check them out!